Add a Facebook Like Box to your Sidebar
Have you wondered how to add a Facebook Like Box to your blog like the one I have in the sidebar? It’s pretty easy if you follow this steps.
- Go to the Facebook Developers page for the Like Box
- Copy the entire URL of your Facebook page (example, https://www.facebook.com/#!/DesignbyThauna)
- Change the Width to fit your sidebar. I used 260.
- I also unchecked the “Show Header” because I am using a title on my sidebar widget.
- Click on “Get Code”
- There are three options across the top of the pop-up window. I use the iFrame because it has been the easiest and I’ve never had any trouble with it. Copy the code in its entirity.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard to Appearance >> Widgets.
- Drag a Text Widget to the Primary Sidebar and copy in the code. If you want to use a header to match your other sidebar items type in a Title.
- Check out your blog and view your awesome work and congratulate yourself.