The Design Process
The design process is an exciting journey that will take us through four distinct phases: scheduling, designing and previewing, launching, and post-launch. It’s a transparent voyage and you will be in co-pilot’s seat for the whole journey. It’s important to me to keep you informed and engaged every step of the way. After all, your project thrives on collaboration and communication – it’s the heartbeat of a successful project. Let’s start this creative adventure together.
- I have a limited number of design slots in my schedule each month.
- My schedule is usually booked 4-6 weeks in advance.
- A 50% deposit is required to schedule.
- My schedule is created as deposits are received.
- Once the month is full I begin scheduling for the next month.
- Most projects have a 2-6 week schedule, however, each project’s timeline is unique depending on the client’s needs and our combined schedules.
- The client completes the New Project Form.
- The project is set up on Basecamp (an online project management system) for communication during the project.
- Additional design questions are posted in Basecamp.
- During the preview design process, I may ask additional questions or for clarification.
- Three branding concepts are sent to the client and the client chooses one concept to refine (2 rounds).
- The preview site is created on a Flywheel demo site and sent to the client when ready for review (typically 2 weeks, but depends on the project timeline).
- The editing process begins. I ask that requested edits be sent in bulleted or numbered lists whenever possible.
- Mobile responsiveness check.
- When the preview site is approved we move to the launch phase.
Launching Your New Site
- An invoice for your balance is sent.
- Final payment is made.
- Time is scheduled for launch.
- The demo site is transferred to the client through Flywheel or is installed on the client’s hosting.
- Any files are sent to the client via Basecamp (social media images, logo files, etc.).
- WP101 Video Tutorials are added to your dashboard.
- Site instructions and any needed Loom videos are added to Basecamp.
- Any final revisions should be sent within the first week. Major revisions may incur additional charges.
- WordPress email support is available (time depends on the package).
- One month after launch Basecamp project is archived.
- I am available on an hourly basis after a project.