The design process consists of 4 main phases: getting scheduled; design/preview process; launching your new site; and post launch. I strive to be transparent throughout the process and communication is always open. Collaboration and communication is the cornerstone to all projects.
- I have a limited number of design slots in my schedule each month.
- My schedule is usually booked 4-6 weeks in advance.
- A 50% deposit is required to schedule.
- The schedule is created as deposits are received.
- Once the month is full I begin scheduling for the next month.
- Each project’s timeline is unique depending on the client’s needs and our combined schedules.
- Client completes the New Project Form.
- The project is set up on Basecamp (online project management system) for communication during the project.
- Additional design questions are posted in Basecamp.
- During the preview design process, I may ask additional questions or for clarification.
- 3 logo concepts are sent to the client.
- The client chooses one logo concept to refine.
- The preview site is created on a Flywheel demo site and sent to the client when ready for review (typically 2 weeks, but depends on project timeline).
- The editing process begins. I ask that requested edits be sent in bulleted or numbered lists whenever possible.
- Mobile responsiveness check.
- When the preview site is approved we move to the launch phase.
- Invoice for your balance is sent.
- Time scheduled for launch.
- The demo site is transferred to the client through Flywheel or is installed on the client’s hosting.
- Any files are sent to the client via Basecamp (social media images, logo files, etc.).
- Site instructions are added to Basecamp.
- Any final revisions should be sent within the first week. Major revisions may incur additional charges.
- WordPress email support available (time depends on package).
- One week after launch Basecamp project is archived.
- I am available on an hourly basis after a project.