THIS TUTORIAL WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO CREATE A SHOP PAGE WITH AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS USING WOOCOMMERCE
Have you ever wanted to add a shop and share some of your favorite items from Amazon? If you are an Amazon Associate it’s easy. If you’re not already an Associate head over and sign up.
This is how I do it, but there could be other (even better) ways to accomplish the same thing.
Step 1 – Install WooCommerce
Plugins >> Add New >> Search for WooCommerce
*Note: if you are a client of mine you’re using the Genesis Framework and you will also need to install Genesis Connect for WooCommerce.
Run the setup wizard in WooCommerce.
Step 2 – Log into Amazon with your SiteStripe activated – instructions
- Navigate to the product you want to list – SEE SiteStripe at the top.
Step 3 – Add New Product
- Copy description from Amazon, write your own or do a combination of both.
- The top box will display in the lower portion of your product once published
- If you want a short description to display next to the product image and the Buy on Amazon button, copy a short description in the Product Short Descripton box that you will find under the price section.
- Add product image from Amazon
- Click on the product images and save the cover or product image you want to use.
- Set Product Image (is in the same location as Set Featured Image in a post)
- Product Data – Use the dropdown to select External/Affiliate product
- Grab the link from Amazon using SiteStripe – Use the Text link
- Copy text link into the Product URL box
- Change the Button text to whatever you would like your button to read. I use Buy on Amazon so my readers know they will be directed to Amazon.
- Price – you do not need to add the price since you have no control over the price fluctuations on Amazon
- Publish Product
Step 4 – Adjust any of your Shop settings in WooCommerce Setting
Congratulations you know have an Amazon Affiliate Shop. Go forth and earn some commissions.